- Fin system: FCSII Five Fin (Not included)
- Suitable conditions: 2ft - 6ft
- Rider ability: Intermediate to pro
- Rocker: Medium low throughout
- Concave: Single running to a light Vee through the tail. 2 "Gas Pedal" channels in between the fins for extra drive
- Tail Subtle double-bump squash tail, reminiscent of a mid 80's shortboard
- Nose: Slightly wider nose than an all out performance shortboard, but not as full as some hybrid grovellers
- Template: Shortboard performance fused with funboard usability. Throwback to a mid 80's design with modern performance
- Traditional polyester construction: 2 x 4 Oz glass on the deck, 1 x 4oz glass on the bottom
The Sure Thing is Jon Pyzel’s latest addition to an already impressive catalogue. With an ode to shortboards of the mid 80’s, this all-rounder will glide through weaker surf yet still feel snappy and crisp when the waves have a bit more grunt.
The board's outline is a nice blend of performance shortboard and hybrid groveller, with a slightly wider nose offering more lift and drive and a medium – low rocker throughout, this board screams drive and speed. The single concave runs into a slight vee off the tail, with two added channels between the fins to add more drive and projection whilst assisting in keeping the turning radius tight and easy, meaning you can surf this in the pocket when the waves are good, and in smaller junkier waves as well. Mr Pyzel has packed a little extra foam under the chest and front foot for added paddle speed and assistance in catching those smaller weaker waves, but has ensured that the rails haven’t been packed full of foam and are quite moderate for increased sensitivity and quick changes in direction.
This is the board that has driven Pyzel’s new “Funformance” range, aimed at ensuring you have a board that you can still surf off the tail, even when the waves lack power.
|Height ||Width ||Thickness ||Volume (Ltr)|
|5'8 ||19 1/2 " ||2 3/8" ||28.7|
|5'10 ||19 3/4" ||2 1/2" ||31.4|
|6'0 ||20" ||2 9/16" ||33.5|
|6'2 ||20 1/2" ||2 5/8" ||36.3|
|6'4 ||20 3/4" ||2 3/4" ||39.5|